This bracelet was created to raise awareness of Depression. Made with emerald green crystal and accented with sterling silver beads and awareness ribbon to represent Depression awareness.
This bracelet is made with stretch material with a length of 7 inches (before closing the bracelet), but you can select a size from the available options if you need another size (extra charges may apply). You can also add a sterling silver lobster clasp instead of using the stretch material for an additional charge.
PERSONALIZE YOUR BRACELET! We can add a personalized engraved flat heart charm to your bracelet to make your bracelet one of a kind!! (extra charges apply)
***$5 from each bracelet sold will benefit the American Cancer Society and its fight against cancer.***
In 2006, a significant milestone marked a new beginning in both my life and the inception of what would become a beacon of hope and solidarity for many. It was the year my mother celebrated her fifth year as a breast cancer survivor—a moment that signified triumph, resilience, and the dawn of a new chapter. To honor this remarkable achievement, I crafted a single breast cancer awareness bracelet for her, a symbol of her strength and victory over an adversary that had touched our lives so deeply.
This simple gesture, shared on my fledgling jewelry site, unexpectedly sowed the seeds for a movement that would extend far beyond our personal story. Soon, individuals from various walks of life began reaching out, requesting bracelets to represent their own battles, survivals, and the memories of loved ones touched by different forms of cancer. Each request was a story, a life, a fight that deserved recognition and support.
Driven by the overwhelming response and the shared stories of courage, our collection grew organically. What began as a single bracelet evolved into a diverse array of awareness jewelry, each piece a testament to someone's battle, survival, or cherished memory. The stories I heard were profound, moving me to the core and uniting us in a shared journey of hope and support.
In 2009, recognizing the deep personal connections people had with these symbols of awareness, we introduced an engraving machine to add a more personal touch. Our sterling silver hearts became canvases for personalized messages, allowing wearers to carry their stories, tributes, and messages of hope wherever they went.
As our collection expanded, so did the scope of awareness we embraced. While my personal journey began with my mother's battle with breast cancer, life brought new challenges that further broadened our mission. My daughter's diagnosis with celiac disease and my husband's recent battle with a rare blood cancer introduced new frontiers of awareness and advocacy into our lives and, consequently, into our collection.
With each bracelet sold, we commit to donating $5 towards research and the quest for cures, a pledge to not only honor those we've lost but to champion the fight for those who continue to battle. This journey, inspired by personal trials and communal resilience, has transformed our small gesture of love into a shared mission of hope, support, and unity.
Our awareness line is more than jewelry; it's a symbol of the collective heart, strength, and unwavering support that binds us all. It's a reminder that, together, we can face the toughest challenges and make a difference in the lives of those who fight, survive, and inspire us every day.
To ensure that your sterling silver jewelry remains as beautiful and cherished as the day you received it, we recommend following these care instructions. Proper care and maintenance will preserve the shine and prevent damage to your precious pieces.
- Avoid Water and Moisture: Always remove your jewelry before engaging in activities that involve water. This includes bathing, swimming, and even washing dishes. Moisture can tarnish the silver and weaken stretch bracelets over time.
- Apply Products First: Lotions, perfumes, hairspray, and other chemical substances can be harsh on sterling silver. To protect your jewelry, apply all personal care products before putting on your jewelry. Let your skin dry completely to ensure no residual products come into contact with the metal.
- Physical Activities: We recommend removing your jewelry during physical activities, including exercise, gardening, or any other tasks that might expose your jewelry to sweat, dirt, or impact. This will prevent potential damage and maintain the integrity of the stretch bracelets.
Cleaning and Storage:
- Regular Cleaning: Gently wipe your sterling silver jewelry with a soft, lint-free cloth after each wear. This will remove any oils or residues and prevent tarnish.
- Deep Cleaning: For a deeper clean, use a mild soap and warm water solution. Soak your jewelry briefly, then use a soft brush (like a soft-bristle toothbrush) to gently clean intricate designs or patterns. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and dry completely with a soft cloth. Ensure your jewelry is completely dry before storing it.
- Proper Storage: Store your sterling silver jewelry in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. Keep pieces individually in soft pouches or lined jewelry boxes to prevent scratching and tangling.
Special Considerations for Stretch Bracelets:
- Gentle Handling: When putting on or taking off your stretch bracelets, roll them over your hand gently. Avoid stretching or pulling them excessively, as this can weaken the elastic over time.
- Avoid Overstretching: Do not overstretch the bracelet beyond its natural circumference. This will help maintain the elastic's integrity and prevent breakage.
By following these care instructions, you can enjoy the beauty and radiance of your sterling silver jewelry for many years to come. If you have any specific questions about caring for your piece, please feel free to contact us.
Finding the right fit for your bracelet ensures comfort and style. Here's how to determine the best size for you:
- Measure Your Wrist: Use a flexible measuring tape or a piece of string to measure just above your wrist bone, where you would normally wear a bracelet.
- Add Length: For a snug fit, add 1/4 to 1/2 inch to your wrist measurement. For a more comfortable fit, add 3/4 to 1 inch. If you prefer a loose fit, add 1 1/4 inches.
- Choose Your Size: Select the bracelet size that matches your total measurement. If you're between sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size for comfort.
- Wrist measurement: 6.25 inches
- Desired fit: Comfortable
- Add: 3/4 inch
- Bracelet size: 7 inches
- If using string, mark the overlap point and measure the length against a ruler.
- Consider how tight or loose you prefer your bracelets. Adjust the added length accordingly.
By following these steps, you'll find a beautifully fitting bracelet tailored to your preference.